Saturday, July 23, 2011

Review: Mackie 402-VLZ3

This one arrived at the same time as the m-audio DMP3.
I had my girlfirend unpack it and the first thing she said was "wow it's very solid!". And that's what it is: a very solid, small mixer that makes me think of a swiss army knife. It's around 115 € and of course there are cheaper small mixers out there that offer more features but this thing is great when size and quality matters. I have it next to my drum kit and it's perfect for this. I also love the idea of taking it on tour for small shows. This toolbox can come in very handy in a lot of situations. I like that you can lock the power cable and the leds are great as well. Soundwise I'm totally happy - haven't tried it on ribbon mics but thats not what it's made for. It sounds nice with a Sennheiser 421 on kick drum - nicer punch than the dmp3 for example. I decided to keep it and rate this thing 9/10. That means it really made me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment