Saturday, July 23, 2011

Review: METRIC HALO MOBILE I/O 2882 EXP 2D

Well, this one was quick. I have just been interested how much gain the mic preamps supply and had been very disappointed. Unusable on medium level and quiet sources and that means if you want to go mobile - you better get some mobile external preamps as well. It's built very well but the mic preamps are noisy in higher range and thats where you have to go if you record some sensitive vocals or acoustic guitars with dynamic mics. I don't get the concept - could be an amazing device but for someone like me who records with microphones 90 % of time it's a no go. 8 (!) phantom powered mic preamps via Firewire with no gain? Great... The software is pretty nice. I rate this thing a 4/10 on the rough scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment